Sunday, March 20, 2016

Still Here



Nearly a year since my last post. Well it has been very difficult and knowing I had to put it on paper did not make it easier. Here goes.

My dearest Sam, brother of Brock and ginger boy...was killed by a X))#%%$ driver going down our quiet culde sac road. He was always the shyer of the two and took to Dave from day one. Although I was the one asking for a ginger kitten the come home with Sam and his butler brother Brock.
They were no bigger than a tea cup. Loved sitting on daddy`s shoulder, like little broaches.
Sam was the first to run if any strange sound was made or a fast movement would trigger him as well.

I often told him just to chill out and made jokes of a scary cat is a live cat. Well I wish he had run, I wish he had bolted faster than lightning. But he did not.
Dave found his body in the road, in front of our home. I could not look.

We buried him in his blanket in the back yard under a shady tree. A quiet peaceful place. Dave made a cross for him.

I miss my boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment